While it looks like yogurt, water kefir has a significantly larger number of extremely potent probiotics. In fact, kefir contains about 30 strains of very healthy bacteria and yeast, which makes it a great source of diverse and rich probiotics that will assist your immune system. Probiotics not only boost your immunity, but also improve your digestion and overall gut health.
Water kefir grains can be a beneficial addition to your diet to support your immune system. Water kefir is a fermented drink made by combining water, sugar, and water kefir grains. The high concentration of probiotics are very beneficial bacteria that live in your gut and help support a healthy immune system.
Here are some ways water kefir can assist your immune system:
- Rich in probiotics: Water kefir is a probiotic-rich drink, which means it contains a high number of beneficial bacteria that help support your gut microbiome. These probiotics can help boost your immune system by crowding out harmful bacteria and supporting the growth of good bacteria.
- Anti-inflammatory: Chronic inflammation can weaken your immune system, making it more susceptible to illness. Water kefir contains anti-inflammatory compounds that help reduce inflammation in your body, which can help support a healthy immune system.
- Rich in nutrients: Water kefir is rich in nutrients like B vitamins, folic acid, and minerals like magnesium and potassium. These nutrients are important for a healthy immune system, as they help support the production of immune cells and help your body fight off infections.
- Alkalizing: Water kefir has an alkalizing effect on your body, which helps create an environment that is less hospitable to harmful bacteria and viruses. This can help support your immune system by making it easier for your body to fight off infections.
Overall, water kefir is a great addition to your diet if you want to support your immune system. However, it’s important to note that water kefir is not a cure-all for illnesses, and you should still practice good hygiene and take other measures to protect yourself from illness. Water kefir grains are a very versatile and productive probiotic maker. This means they can be used in a large variety of dishes and recipes, that if incorporated into your diet, will assist your immune system greatly.
- Why are my water kefir grains floating? - 4 March, 2023
- My water kefir grains are not growing – why? - 2 March, 2023
- Pumpkin and Dill Calamari with Cauliflower Milk Kefir Mash - 1 October, 2021