This is a delicious creamy dressing without the calories.
kefir milk, beetroot, water kefir grains, garlic, red onion (optional), some evaporated cane juice and salt & pepper to taste and a blender (bullet or similar)
How to make it…It’s very simple and quick:
- Firstly chop about 1/4 – 1/2 an onion, 1 medium fresh beet and 2-4 cloves of garlic roughly. (Put aside).
- Blend 1.5 cups of water kefir grains with 2 – 3 cups of milk kefir until smooth. Remove from blender.
- Then blend onion, beetroot, garlic & about 1 heaped teaspoon of the cane juice and salt & pepper (to taste) and add some for the water kefir grains and milk you already blended. Blend all until you have a thick paste.
- Add the remaining grains and milk to the blend and blitz. If it is too thick just add additional kefir milk until you are happy with the consistency.
- Adjust the sugar and spices to you liking. (It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days) tastes great over any salad and is delicious as an alternate coleslaw dressing.
Latest posts by Uta Heidelauf (see all)
- How to make consistent batches of milk kefir - 10 March, 2019
- A Milk Kefir Clay Wrap using Sodium Bentonite Clay - 3 March, 2019
- Tomato Salsa with Milk Kefir Whey - 2 March, 2019