A Kefir and beetroot salad dressing can provide several benefits for your health:
- Probiotic benefits: Kefir is a fermented dairy product that contains probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that can help improve your gut health and boost your immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Beetroot is a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, such as betalains, which can help reduce inflammation in your body.
- Heart health benefits: Kefir has been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects and may help improve blood pressure, which can lower your risk of heart disease. Beetroot also contains nitrates, which can help improve blood flow and reduce blood pressure.
- Nutrient-dense: Both kefir and beetroot are nutrient-dense foods, meaning they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients that can support overall health and well-being.
- Delicious taste: Adding kefir and beetroot to your salad dressing can provide a delicious and unique flavor that can help make your salads more enjoyable and satisfying.
Incorporating a delicious creamy kefir and beetroot salad dressing into your diet can provide a range of health benefits while also adding flavor and variety to your meals, without the calories. Here’s how:
- Kefir milk
- Water kefir grains
- Red onion (optional)
- Evaporated cane juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
You will also need a blender (bullet or similar)
How to make it…It’s very simple and quick:
- Chop about 1/4 – 1/2 an onion, 1 medium fresh beet and 2-4 cloves of garlic roughly. (Put aside).
- Blend 1.5 cups of water kefir grains with 2 – 3 cups of milk kefir until smooth. Remove from blender.
- Then blend onion, beetroot, garlic & about 1 heaped teaspoon of the cane juice and salt & pepper (to taste) and add some for the water kefir grains and milk you already blended. Blend all until you have a thick paste.
- Add the remaining grains and milk to the blend and blitz. If it is too thick just add additional kefir milk until you are happy with the consistency.
- Adjust the sugar and spices to you liking. (It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days) tastes great over any salad and is delicious as an alternate coleslaw dressing.
Overall, kefir and beetroot salad dressing can provide a range of potential health benefits such as better heart health, reduced inflammation in your body, and is a delicious and nutrient-rich addition to any salad.
- Pumpkin and Dill Calamari with Cauliflower Milk Kefir Mash - 1 October, 2021
- How to make consistent batches of milk kefir - 10 March, 2019
- A Milk Kefir Clay Wrap using Sodium Bentonite Clay - 3 March, 2019
Great product. Amazing customer service.
Prompt and professional
Wonderful healthy grain received.
The booster sugars are great. I know by adding them to my brew I am feeding my grains with top quality food for them:)
Top quality grains received:)
Love the kombucha