Another great healthy milk kefir dessert topping with a lemon and chia seed combination you can whip up in your own kitchen in just a few minutes.
- 1 cup milk kefir
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, combine the milk kefir, chia seeds, honey or maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and the mixture has thickened.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir again to combine.
- Serve the Lemon and Chia Seed Kefir Cream as a topping for fresh fruit, granola, or as a creamy dip for vegetables.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients: Since this recipe has only a few ingredients, it’s important to use the best quality ingredients you can find. Use fresh lemon juice and zest, high-quality honey or maple syrup, and good-quality kefir. This will ensure that the flavors are bright and vibrant.
- Let it chill: After combining all the ingredients, it’s best to let the mixture chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and the mixture has thickened. This will give the chia seeds enough time to expand and create a creamy, pudding-like texture.
- Customize to your taste: Feel free to adjust the sweetness level and lemon flavor to your taste. If you prefer it sweeter, add more honey or maple syrup. If you want more lemon flavor, add more lemon zest and juice. You can also experiment with different toppings or mix-ins, like fresh berries, chopped nuts, or coconut flakes.
- Why are my water kefir grains floating? - 4 March, 2023
- My water kefir grains are not growing – why? - 2 March, 2023
- Pumpkin and Dill Calamari with Cauliflower Milk Kefir Mash - 1 October, 2021