Making tomato salsa with milk kefir is an idea for converting your oversupply of tomatoes into a delicious zesty accompaniment.
Here’s the Recipe:
All you need is:
- Some juicy, ripe tomatoes (any variety)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of milk kefir whey per litre jar
- Hard herbs… I used Rosemary (fresh is best)
- Crushed garlic
- Red onions
- Quality salt – such as Celtic or Himalayan
How to make it:
- Chop the tomatoes, onions and rosemary (as fine as possible) add crushed garlic.
- Mix in large bowl.
- Add salt (you will need about a 2-3 level teaspoons per kg)
- Be generous with the oil (about 1/2 cup)
- Taste the mix when it is freshly made so you can tell how its flavour changes as it matures over the next couple of days.
- Store it in the fridge.
It’s recommended to consume it within 5 days.
Let me know how it goes, and happy fermenting!