Milk Kefir is such a wonderfully versatile food that it is difficult to understand why it has only recently been rediscovered for its gut health benefits. But Kefir milk is so versatile. Due to its any bacterial properties as well as the hoch lactic Acid content it is excellent for many skin conditions including rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and acne problems. That said, a Milk Kefir Clay Wrap may be the answer to healing skin issues.
Topical Application of Milk Kefir – It Really Does Work
Consuming Kefir milk regularly assists your immune system in re-establishing digestive health which often translates to improved skin and skin conditions. Using Kefir milk topically also offers the skin a helping hand in improving and often completely clearing skin problems that have not improved or cleared up using commercially available products. I personally have flare ups of dermatitis and milk Kefir has worked to improve my condition almost instantly.
- I use a combination of Milk Kefir and sodium bentonite clay to make a mask that is applied to to the effected area.
- Wrap it in cling film to keep the moisture in, which allows it to soften the skin.
- The bentonite clay draws out impurities whilst the lactic acid allows the dead skin to slough off.
- Keep it on for as long as possible. Even overnight is possible.
- You can unwrap it and wash it off straight away or let it dry on the skin. This gives the bentonite clay a second opportunity to draw out more toxins and impurities directly from the effected area.
- I generally will use a nail brush or pumice stone to remove all the dead skin.
- Then I condition the skin with Rosehip and coconut oil.
By following this process, I find it reduces the overall inflammation and itch that accompanies many skin conditions. Take a look at the video below. If you try this out, I’d like to hear from you on how it’s going or if you have any questions, you are welcome to contact me to discuss or leave a comment below.
Latest posts by Uta Heidelauf (see all)
- How to make consistent batches of milk kefir - 10 March, 2019
- A Milk Kefir Clay Wrap using Sodium Bentonite Clay - 3 March, 2019
- Tomato Salsa with Milk Kefir Whey - 2 March, 2019