This milk kefir cottage cheese & egg white omelette is a great way to start the day. I use ‘single day’ fermented kefir milk which I then strain through a cheesecloth to remove excess whey which leaves you with kefir cottage cheese. I let it strain while refrigerated otherwise it will continue to ferment. (Only using one day fermentation makes it more cream and less tangy.)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of milk kefir cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons Tamari & dash of fish sauce
- 2 small shallots
- 4 small mushrooms (any kind you like)
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, or other seasonal herb you like.
Optional – 2 teaspoons of coconut or macadamina oil, or other quality cooking oil
- Non-stick frying pan
- Chop mushrooms, shallots & dill finely then combine all ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
- Heat pan to low to medium heat.
- Add omelette mixture to your pre-heated non-stick pan and cover to allow it to steam as well as cook from the bottom
(No need to turn over).
- Or if you do not have a non-stick pan, add the mixture to the oiled pan and fry on low/medium heat for 3 minutes on one side and 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on the other.
- I have served it here with a health salad topped with pepita seeds and a spinach dressing, but you can combine it with anything that grabs your fancy, bet adventurous, try something new an experiment.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 – 7 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of your omelette)
- Pumpkin and Dill Calamari with Cauliflower Milk Kefir Mash - 1 October, 2021
- How to make consistent batches of milk kefir - 10 March, 2019
- A Milk Kefir Clay Wrap using Sodium Bentonite Clay - 3 March, 2019