Here is a recipe for whey fermented almond and walnut butter with organic molasses, Celtic salt, and Canadian maple syrup:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon organic molasses
- 1 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 2 tablespoons Canadian maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whey (from strained kefir)
- Soak the almonds and walnuts in water for 8-12 hours. Drain and rinse the nuts.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 177°C (350°F) for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Allow the nuts to cool for a few minutes, then place them in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process the nuts until they form a smooth and creamy butter, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the whey, organic molasses, Celtic salt, and Canadian maple syrup.
- Pour the whey mixture into the nut butter and blend until well combined.
- Transfer the nut butter to a glass jar and cover with a clean cloth. Leave the jar in a warm place for 12-24 hours to ferment.
- After the fermentation process is complete, store the nut butter in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy your whey fermented almond and walnut butter on toast, in smoothies, or as a healthy snack. It goes well on a slice of organic gluten free multi-grain bread with some chia, mango & passion fruit jam and sour black cherry jam.
- Why are my water kefir grains floating? - 4 March, 2023
- My water kefir grains are not growing – why? - 2 March, 2023
- Pumpkin and Dill Calamari with Cauliflower Milk Kefir Mash - 1 October, 2021